Yumina the Ethereal: The highest profile H-RPG release ever

What would prompt you to consider buying Yumina the Ethereal?

Opening movie
5%
Gameplay trailer
9%
Playable demo
13%
A well-designed website (screenshots, character summaries, story synopsis)
11%
Good reviews
18%
I already knew about the game and was interested in buying it.
32%
Nothing could convince me to buy this.
4%
Other
8%

Total votes : 95

Re: Yumina the Ethereal: The highest profile H-RPG release e

Postby Dark_Shiki » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:01 am

To trigger the end-of-chapter H-scenes with side characters (light spoiler that paints a broad strategy for triggering the scenes):
Spoiler: show
You need to get the protagonist's skill for each chapter by completing the corresponding events, then use the skill in the final debate battle for the chapter.
Dark_Shiki

Postby RusAnon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:05 pm

LIGHTDX wrote:What i'm missing with the ero-escenes? I'm level 30 and at level 25 i got rewarts that sugest i'm in the middle of the game, but i haven't gotten any echi escenes besides Maino, the first enemy in the school, i used my time to go throught all the flags with the enemies (or relatives in tomori case) i could without forgetting about do some fight to level up, but so far i have only gotten Maino's. I know that there is one for every enemy female and one for tomori and also 2 for every heroine, but so far i haven't seen them. Does they will apear futher in the game or (more likely) i miss something important to do when i was in their parts?

Heroine h-scenes are very late into their routes and only Kirara's h-scene is selectable event, rest happen along main plot and impossible to miss.
As for bosses in academy h-scenes, you can pick them on subsequent playthroughs, go from clear data on normal and you will not have problem with asquiring special skills and winning boss battles with these skills.
RusAnon

Postby Rillania » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:29 pm

*flips table*

So the second chapters, Tomori's, seems like IMPOSSIBLE to get. I've tried just about every combination of events to try and get it and I've had no luck, plenty of Tomori events but no skill for Ayumu. Maino was like 3/4 events, this seems impossible to do in 10 days with the forced events and having to do some training to keep from losing the main battle. I can't even find it skipping every sort of battle in the chapter.
http://digitalvncloud.blogspot.com/ New VN blog I've started~
Rillania

Postby RusAnon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Rillania wrote:*flips table*
So the second chapters, Tomori's, seems like IMPOSSIBLE to get. I've tried just about every combination of events to try and get it and I've had no luck, plenty of Tomori events but no skill for Ayumu. Maino was like 3/4 events, this seems impossible to do in 10 days with the forced events and having to do some training to keep from losing the main battle. I can't even find it skipping every sort of battle in the chapter.

Use walkthrough, http://omoteura2.com/yumina/, schedule there is very tight.
RusAnon

Postby Rillania » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 pm

RusAnon wrote:

Thanks Rus! Finally got it. The walkthrough is pretty easy to understand even with my crappy JP skills, maybe I'll write up a more understandable English version of it for others since chapter 2 is a pain and I imagine it gets worse... You're right about it being a tight schedule for it, jeez. Now I have to cram my dungeon crawling in again (I was level 10 in my other save lol)

Edit: Going to be posting an English version of some of the walkthrough (Just the event sequence parts) http://digitalvncloud.blogspot.com/2013/09/yumina-ethereal-walkthrough-work-in.html
Rillania

Postby LIGHTDX » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Rillania wrote:
RusAnon wrote:

Thanks Rus! Finally got it. The walkthrough is pretty easy to understand even with my crappy JP skills, maybe I'll write up a more understandable English version of it for others since chapter 2 is a pain and I imagine it gets worse... You're right about it being a tight schedule for it, jeez. Now I have to cram my dungeon crawling in again (I was level 10 in my other save lol)

Edit: Going to be posting an English version of some of the walkthrough (Just the event sequence parts) http://digitalvncloud.blogspot.com/2013/09/yumina-ethereal-walkthrough-work-in.html

Thank you very much, i really need that walkthorught :)
Long live to Nayuta!
LIGHTDX

Postby RusAnon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Rillania wrote: Now I have to cram my dungeon crawling in again (I was level 10 in my other save lol)

Just a note: if you lose final battle, you have choice to re-try this chapter, KEEPING LEVELS and other stuff.
RusAnon

Postby Dark_Shiki » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Do you keep your dungeon / quest progress?
Dark_Shiki

Postby LIGHTDX » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 pm

RusAnon wrote:
Rillania wrote: Now I have to cram my dungeon crawling in again (I was level 10 in my other save lol)

Just a note: if you lose final battle, you have choice to re-try this chapter, KEEPING LEVELS and other stuff.

Oh, is true. Thanks is really useful, too bad that event skills as each heroine have in the next chapter disapear if you restart the chapter, but everything else remains.

Dark_Shiki wrote:Do you keep your dungeon / quest progress?

Yes, i have tried it now and i keep them, you still have to repeat the first day and you can play the tutorial again, but your progress in quest and dungeon, level and everything but event skill remains.
Long live to Nayuta!
LIGHTDX

Postby Rillania » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:40 am

LIGHTDX wrote:
RusAnon wrote:

Oh, is true. Thanks is really useful, too bad that event skills as each heroine have in the next chapter disapear if you restart the chapter, but everything else remains.

Dark_Shiki wrote:Do you keep your dungeon / quest progress?

Yes, i have tried it now and i keep them, you still have to repeat the first day and you can play the tutorial again, but your progress in quest and dungeon, level and everything but event skill remains.

So skills dont carry over? The event ones
Rillania

Postby LIGHTDX » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:12 am

Rillania wrote:So skills dont carry over? The event ones

Every Skill but event skills remains, Those skills banish when you restart the chapter.
Long live to Nayuta!
LIGHTDX

Postby Rillania » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:35 pm

LIGHTDX wrote:
Rillania wrote:So skills dont carry over? The event ones

Every Skill but event skills remains, Those skills banish when you restart the chapter.

Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully some stuff carries over in additional playthroughs so you can go down the alternate routes for other scenes/skills without having too many issues with the boss fights lacking Ayumu's skills.
Rillania

Postby ChaosRaven » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:24 pm

I played through the first chapter now. Can't say I liked it though. :|

A little rant, so read on your own risk...
The combat system is just an annoyified version of Aselia, and tedious beyond believe. The battles simply take far too long with all the useless animation crap. What makes it worse is that the so called story lets Boob Wars look like Shakespeare. Official 'debate battles' between 'student gangs' for a student council election?! A machine that projects special effects to those debate battles so the creators can use a completely unfitting fantasy combat system for it audience is more entertained?! Yumina wanting to get Student Council President so she can abuse a dictator rule and doesn't have to repeat a school year?!? Teachers and students who even play along with such nonesense without questioning it?!? :shock:

I think a Nukige could pass with stuff like that but for a story VN that's just disappointing even if it's comedy. I don't think I want to waste any more time on this game and better start a second play-through of Kamidori instead. At least it has a half decent story and much better gameplay mechanics that also fit to the setting. Even a replay of the rather dated looking Aselia would be better than Yumina. The story is leagues ahead and the combat is at least not as tedious as the one from Yumina. I hope Seinarukana, the successor of Eiselia will be a lot better when Jast manage to release it sometime in the future.
ChaosRaven

Postby RusAnon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm

ChaosRaven wrote:A little rant, so read on your own risk...

Its not that bad, there's actually valid reason behind that plot part that will be explained in chapter 6, but you most likely will catch up on it earlier by clues from Kirara and Ai. While there's plenty of exceptionally silly stuff (Yumina route and True End esp.), Academy part is quite sensible.

Also, I strongly advice to just hack exp values and get yourself level 100 immediately, because there's way too much grinding and you will drop it long before reaching true end otherwise.
RusAnon

Postby perrandy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:38 pm

tried to order yumina from rightstuff but they dont have it in stock atm :cry:
perrandy

PreviousNext

Return to Visual Novel Discussion